Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Nervous Breakdown

Well as luck would have it my dreams of 6hr solo racing at Indian Camp Creek will have to wait yet another year. It seems I sort of overlooked a previous engagement in my not so busy social calender. I will be attending a punk rock show the evening before. I'm sure I could swing both of the physically... But, what will probably wreck my good time is planning and preparation for the solo ride. It is no secret my anxiety level hovers around max most of the time. I know myself well enough to know that if I can't focus all my energy on Friday night towards packing the car and what not, I will be a wreck on Saturday trying to race. Yes, it's sort of crazy and nonsensical. However, that is what happens when your brain likes to work overtime all the time. Believe me when I tell you my anxiety is much better now than it was a few years ago, yet it still is something i deal with daily. So what could be so great to mess up my racing plans?


A chance to see the mighty Black Flag. While not the 'classic' era for the band. It's still a chance to see Greg Ginn who has been the only constant member since the band formed. He also serves as the primary song writer and lyricist of the band. While I will never know it was like to see them in the 'Salad Days' of the 80's. I couldn't miss the chance to see this piece of history. Black Flag is one of those bands that is just hard to deny. They just might have the best logo and art department in the history of Punk Rock. Not to mention some of the most intense riffs and lyrics. The album 'Damaged' is by far one of the heaviest records ever. Musically and lyrically it's soul crushing at times. It's got one of the best B. sides on music history. When everything in the world sucks, I always tend to cue it up and watch the world burn for awhile. If only in my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment