Thursday, July 18, 2013

We Gotta Know

Sorry for being absent the last couple of weeks. I have been doing some traveling, ridding and some music viewing. At the end of June I was faced with the opportunity to see the one and only Black Flag. Depending on how you look at it...I guess.  That being said it was actually pretty awesome! While i can't say it was better than seeing Flag, the OTHER Black Flag band touring. I am still glad I got the chance to see Greg Ginn and hear some wonderful early punk rock!


The following week I set a course for the windy city. I was collecting on my birthday gifts of tickets to see the almighty Cro-Mags. Yes, you already know I'm quite a fan boy of John Joseph and the mags. So finally getting a chance to see them was super exciting. The icing on the cake for me was none other than my old friends Endpoint were on the bill as well. The boys from the other river city were doing a few one off shows and I'm never one to turn down a chance to see Duncan and Rob. Endpoint was as solid as ever playing lots of great songs. Some of them taking me back to some of the darkest days of my life. That is the awesome thing about music, it has been able to give me something to hold on to as long as I can remember.  It has been one of the only constants in my 39 years on this earth. I am truly greatful for all that music has given me.


The crowning jewel of the night was witnessing the power of the Cro-Mags. It is every bit of what you would imagine. I can only wonder how fierce it was when John was thirty years younger. It was better than I could have ever imagined and I was grinning ear to ear as I shouted along. Before they went on I was able to chat with John a bit about bikes of course... 
He was super kind and very nice. I will spare you the photo of us together.  
All in all it's been a nice few weeks away from the internet.
We will return to weekly blogging next week.
Get out and ride or see some Punk Rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment