Thursday, March 21, 2013

Please Please Please

I really hate to be a downer here... But can we get some springtime weather soon? 
I've had about all I can stand of grey days and northern winds. It seems we have been stuck in a pattern of getting hit by the edge of wither storms for the last month or so. The first mountain bike race of the season is supposed to go down on Sunday. With a forecast of rain and snow on Saturday and more on Sunday, We will see what happens. I'm in no shape to be racing either, my head just isn't into it quite yet. Ridding inside I can't gauge my fitness or stamina. It's just depressing... Or maybe I'm depressing?


Well maybe a little retail therapy would fix what ales you? 
It's worth a shot! I have always been somewhat of a collector, band T-Shirts, records, zines'.
You get the idea, well I also have a soft spot for tools. I have a pretty healthy collection of general purpose hand tools and quite the array of bike specific ones too. 
So as of late I have been pretty enamored by this small companies products
ABBEY BIKE WORKS.

Lovingly crafted works of art made of Stainless Steel

Do I need any of the fine products the offer, not in the least. I have two or three chain whips and freewheel tools. Does it stop me from trying to justify ordering them, not in the least. It's on the bucket list for sure, oh and did i mention you can have them custom etched? You know 'Deathwrench Service' would look pretty sweet on the side! I do have to admit the fact you can slip the freewheel tool over the quick release nut makes it pretty awesome. Not only that but the Crombie fits inside of the chainwhip. Awesome!

please let me get what i want...

Whats that you say, The Smiths are not Hardcore?
Who are you kidding, I don't think I know a person in the Hardcore scene that doesn't own a Smiths album.
I have been a Morrissey fan since the mid 80's, if that makes me lame. So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment