Friday, May 11, 2012

Code Orange

Orange = Elevated  

“Increased protective measures based on specific threat information regarding a known or suspected terrorist plot.”


After a long 6 years away from racing the time has come for me to once more attach those pesky numbers to my bars...and let the pieces fall where they may. I'd be a big fat liar if I said I wasn't at all nervous... I was doing pretty good until three days ago and then the jitters and doubts started to flood in. It's been a big learning process this time around. I have spent months researching training and nutrition as well as bike set-up and technique. None of that really seemed to matter when I was 10yrs younger and had plenty of time to ride. I feel better prepared mentally but what the hell does that really mean? I'm not placing any big expectations on my return to the fray of racing. However, it is nice to feel somewhat better prepared this go round. Honestly, for me it's all about pushing my own personal limits. Sure I have goals and dreams... But, those can all be reached with hard work and persistence.Well, at least I hope so!


 
Yes, it's true they all just graduated highschool..WTF?

I can't thank j.rider enough for his constant encouragement and help as I've tried to hold his wheel this winter and spring. It's always nice to have someone to suffer with out on the road and trails. I am looking forward to the new dawn of our racing days and the excitement and fun that comes along with it. The Pack In Black will finally make it's official debut on Saturday. Lets hope for miles of smiles...

No comments:

Post a Comment