Monday, May 21, 2012

Buried Alive

It's been a long time since I have felt the leg burning of a start like yesterdays race. From the gun it was a mad dash for a wicked left handed creek crossing...That took us directly into a service road climb and finally to one of the many grassy knoll sections. My heart rate was pushing the max after our first few efforts. Add to that the amount of dirt and dust I was sucking in and it felt as if I was being buried alive. It was a brutal wake up call for my body, that is for sure. I did manage to reel in my legs and lungs at somewhere towards the end of lap three. By then, the damage had been done. I wasn't going to be picking up any extra places for my suffering and dust eating. All in all not to bad of a result for my second event in 6yrs. I was able to hold onto 4th Place and finish out the last lap strong. It was good to get a second race under my legs so quickly... Now it's back to studying and training for the next set of events.




I have to admit on of the first things I thought about after finishing. Was, just how brutal the start felt... It was not unlike the first time I got to see Buffalo NY's  Buried Alive. That band seriously felt like they were pummeling you with the crunching of Marshall full stacks. It's was an impressive thing to witness for sure.
Enjoy some Scott Vogel love.


This one seems fitting for my return to cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment