Friday, February 13, 2015

Building

As I recently talked about I had yet another knee surgery in December. Thankfully everything has been going great in recovery and rehab. i am building strength in my quads on the bad leg side and have been cleared to resume light training. The downside... It's going to put my seasons start a little behind, I'm hoping it will only put me about 4-5 weeks off the schedule. making my return to racing in late April rather than March. All things considered it doesn't really matter a whole heck of a lot. It's not like my living is made doing this or I have sponsorship obligations. That is one of the upsides of being a DIY type of team. No obligations to anyone except yourself... That can have it's downside though, no obligation makes it easy to blow off race after race if you can make a solid argument against it. I was actually hoping to do the full series this year. In the grand scheme of things making my comeback from injury properly is the bigger priority. I will still get time for plenty of racing, it still kind of makes me a little bummed. Oh well what can ya do? I guess it's part of being an aging non-professional skateboarder and punk rocker. all those things you did to your body as a kid has it's way of catching up to you over the years.




While not a "Classic" Revelation Records band, Sensefield still has Hardcore pedigree. Jonathon Bunch had fronted Reason to Believe prior to Sensefield. The Post-Hardcore sound they produced was pretty refreshing at the time. On of my favorite Sensefield shows was the tour the did with Mineral and Jimmy Eat World. This was way before JEW made it the mainstream radio, I think they were all of 18 at the time. It was a pretty heavy hitting bill in those early 90's. Sensefield will always remind me of the glory day of "Emo" did I just say that? Man I must be getting old.



No comments:

Post a Comment